• Combining technology & sneaker prototypes • Building on our early sneaker prototypes, we produced our evolved versions housing our screen technology, batteries & sensors. • Prototype concept designs validated We validated some of our early prototype designs.
• Mobile App Alpha MVP with basic features completed. • Hardware Tech package developed.
• As many of our partners were based on the west coast, we joined Rocketspace in San Francisco. • We worked with our agency partners in NYC to design and develop the user experience (UI/UX) for the mobile app element to this project. • We sourced user feedback from our early app designs from our community, this helped us progress in the right direction.
• Company starts hiring early team. • We brought in hardware & growth expertise to combat the challenges ahead. • Company starts product development • First footwear design prototypes were created in NYC, with the assistance from a local shoe manufacturer.
• Indiegogo funds are released to Shiftwear Corp. • Shiftwear team moves into a small WeWork office in Times Square. • We secured a technology grant from IBM Softlayer to enable us to build our web services on their cloud.
• Shiftwear Corp was founded in New York City. • Crowdfunding Campaign launch. Our campaign went live on Indiegogo. • Indiegogo campaign raises $1m • The campaign raised $900k+ before costs with over 3000 people backing the project worldwide.
• Preparation of Indiegogo campaign. To bring this to life, we had to source seed capital. We opted for Indiegogo - this helped us both validate the idea and raise capital to build the prototypes and build the team.
Research began into the technical feasibility of the product, risk assessment & a discovery journey to find out what resources would be required to build this.
• Inception of Idea Initial idea of Shiftwear is born after witnessing the emotion people have for their sneakers. This triggered a series of ideas which led to the initial journey into customizable sneakers.